NI mate can be used for real-time masking. Find out how artist Michele Cremaschi uses this feature for his holographic spectacle "Augmented Pinocchio". >> See showcase
NI mate outputs high precision positioning data. Find out how team #suchtech used this feature to create an interactive, projection mapped wall at Sibelius Hack 2014. >> See showcase
NI mate outputs real-time skeleton and facial tracking data. Find out how these features were used to power an interactive ad for cruise company Silja Line. >> See showcase
Motion capture made simple
NI mate is a unique, cross-platform, cross-sensor real-time motion capture suite that's been designed for anyone to use. No markers, complex and expensive camera setups, long render times - just install NI mate, attach a sensor and open up your favorite 3D suite.
Supported sensors on MacOS and Windows
- Kinect for Windows (gen2), Kinect XBOX 360 (gen1)
- Asus Xtion Pro Live, PrimeSense Carmine 1.08
- Intel RealSense F200, R200, SR300
Meet the Kinetic Bunny
Recorded in real-time inside the Blender Game Engine and featuring Big Buck Bunny, a popular open source character originally created at the Blender Institute in Amsterdam. "The Kinetic Bunny" has been viewed by over 50 000 people since its release in early 2012.
- Intel I5 dual core, 8GB RAM
- Windows 8/8.1/10 or Mac OS X 10.9+
- USB3 with Intel or Renesas chipset (for Kinect gen2 / Intel RealSense F200/R200/SR300)
- USB2 (for Kinect gen1 / Asus Xtion / PrimeSense Carmine)